You didn’t regard my worth in your life. You sabotaged everything we’ve worked on. You intentionally did that for your own selfish gains. You’re mean, you’re ungrateful, you’re not worth my while. I wish we never met. How can you be so careless. Who does that? Geeeeeeez….. freeze!!! Hold on, hold on, hold on… What the heck is going on here?
THE DISTURBED HEART
- What is pain? Mental suffering or distress (heartbreak, unhappiness, despair, desperation, trauma)
- What is hurt? To cause pain or injury to (incapacitate, damage); be detrimental to (jeopardize, undermine); to cause emotional pain or anguish to (offend)
- What is anguish? Extreme pain, distress, or anxiety (agony, torment, hurt, pain, misery, torture, travail); extremely distressed about something.
There is no doubt how greatly these words are related (very strong negative words I must say…). These are all negative expressions or reactions people give or take.
- How do you respond to them when you are at the receiving end?
- What impact does it have on you?
- How long do you allow yourself to express or experience these?
We’ve all been hurt at a point in our lives: some may be still hurting at the moment; others healing; some grieving and many rising from the state of insecurities they find themselves. There is always a healing process somewhere along the line.
We approach situations differently and we handle people uniquely (I mean, you can’t treat everyone the same….). Our temperaments call for the way we ought to be treated and also, how we treat others.
Nonetheless, we try to be godly by treating each and everyone almost the same (which is quite difficult as humans).
So, what do you do when pain, hurt and anguish is caused by those you believe are in your inner circle? (Hmmmmmm, I wonder). We begin to ask a lot of questions like
- Was this relationship genuine?
- What did I do wrong?
- Why would he/she do that knowing how well we adore each other?
- Or was he/she faking whatever it is we shared?
- Was this one-sided all this while?
We tend to ask ourselves a lot of questions with little to no answers. There is an option called confrontation. How many opt for that? (Very few in my opinion because we don’t want to drag the situation any longer….childish or nay)
We allow ourselves to be consumed by the choices of others simply because we love and adore them. It is awesome to love and adore even if they are not worthy.
How many times have we sinned and begged for forgiveness from GOD? (Countless I must say.. lol). GOD always forgives so we must learn to forgive.
Also, do your best as humans to do right on your side and trust that, those who falter and treat you badly will always run back to you.
Moreover, just stay calm, smile and profess good things in your life whiles you’re going through that trying time (it’s damn difficult but so worth it).
Most importantly, don’t be a fool by not learning anything. Wisdom is a principal thing and in all your getting, get understanding.
As wise as you may seem to be, dearest, apply everything you’ve learnt and observed, and be better in your next phase of pain, hurt and anguish.
Keep learning, keep studying, keep trusting GOD and remember to Live, Love and Be Kind.